November is international Write a Novel in a Month month. Writing a novel in a lifetime is a challenge way beyond me, never mind a month, but I thought I’d challenge myself to write a post a day for the month. I still marvel at the bloggers who manage to post every day (and some more than once a day!) – where do they find the time, and where do they find the inspiration is what I’d like to know.
So to start the ball rolling here are some interesting (possibly) facts about November 1st:
- It’s the 305th day of the year (306th if it’s a leap year)
- There are 53 days until Christmas (better get that shopping started – it’ll be here before you know it!)
- In the Roman calendar, November was the 9th out of 10 months in the year.
- On this day in 1512 the Sistine chapel, with Michelangelo’s paintings, was opened to the public for the first time
- The British painter L.S. Lowry was born on this day in 1887
- Phil Silvers, the American actor and comedian died on this day 1972
- In America it’s National Deep Fried Clams Day (who knew there was such a day??)
- It is Independence Day in Antigua and Barbuda