I used to be indecisive…

…but now I'm not so sure

a benefit of being indecisive


I’m in Scotland again, having travelled up yesterday morning – first to my mum’s to pick her up (and her car) and then on to my sister’s house to look after her pets while the family are away for a few days.  I have flown up this time, but that meant making a decision about how to travel to the airport from home.  Mr I had an early meeting, so wasn’t able to drop me off at the airport, meaning that I had to consider the other options –

1.  Drive myself and park in a long stay car park for 6 nights – the most expensive option but possibly the simplest.

2.  Take a taxi – quite pricey for a one way trip, and what if it turned up late at my house and I missed my flight?  It was also hard to decide which taxi company to use.

3.  Take the bus – very cheap, but not at all convenient to get to the bus stop for the start of the journey.

I just couldn’t decide what to do – weighing up cost versus convenience – and by late Wednesday afternoon had still not made up my mind, although pre-booking long stay car parking was just edging in front, followed by the taxi, and I had ruled the bus out.

Enter Mr I at this point to tell me that his early morning meeting had been rescheduled and he would be able to drive me to the airport.  Hurrah!  The decision had been taken out of my hands, and it was definitely the simpest and cheapest option!   Three cheers for indecision! 🙂



11 thoughts on “a benefit of being indecisive

  1. I knew there was a good reason for being indecisive 🙂 Have a great trip

  2. Yay! You’re right, sometime being indecisive pays off! 🙂

  3. Hurrah! I love it when being indecisive works out!

  4. We have been indecisive this week, Owl’s daughter has begged us to visit them in California, she really needs to see her dad. So we have been pondering when to go (I have a window between mid May and mid June) and do we fly direct or indirect. Finally on Thursday we decided to visit travel agents on Fri/Sat to find out about fly drive options and see if there were any deals we had missed.
    Friday evening we get an email from his ex telling him to stump up £2.5k for their flights to UK in July. I don’t think we will now be going to California ourselves now. Now I can’t decide was it a good or bad thing that we had not already booked our trip 😦

Now it's your turn

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s