LOTS OF CHOCOLATE IN THE HOUSE (but we are being very good and waiting till Sunday)
Time for a chocolate post – especially as it’s the Easter weekend and there’s the prospect of an Easter Egg or two. 🙂
I came across these two quotes on James and Terri’s blog Gallivance.
“My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace
is to finish what I start. So far today,
I have finished 2 bags of M&M’s and a chocolate cake.
I feel better already.”
– Dave Barry
“Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that,
as far as chocolate is concerned,
there is no need to involve your brain.”
I couldn’t agree more! 😀
Just in case you (or someone dear to you 😉 ) need some persuading about the benefits of eating chocolate:
1. Chocolate is a valuable energy source. There is enough energy in a chocolate chip for an adult human to walk 150 ft (45 metres).
2. Chocolate has great health benefits. It helps with depression, high blood pressure and pre-menstrual syndromes. Chocolate is able to act as an anti-depressant by increasing serotonin and endorphin levels in the brain.
3. Eating one or two servings of dark chocolate a week can cut the risk of heart failure.
4. A square of dark chocolate each day can lower blood pressure.
5. Eating chocolate can add an instant glow to your face – people have been eating it for centuries to keep themselves looking fresh and healthy.
6. Chocolate can improve cognitive function.
I think there is enough ammunition there to convince anyone that they should make their way immediately to the nearest chocolate-selling establishment and invest in a few bars!
This post is part of Six Word Saturday. Pop over to Show My Face to see more sets of six words.